There are few simple steps to update your device with newest maps.
1. First of all: Connect your device to your computer via USB port. Using Windows Explorer, open your TomTom drive and backup the complete contents of your TomTom device.
2. Check your navcore version. You can do this either on the device menu under Version Info, or you can check the navcore version in TomTom Home when the device is connected to your personal computer.
3. Check which map is compatible with your navcore using the latest compatibility chart here:
Compatibility Charts For v880 Maps & Navcores.
4. Delete the whole old map folder.
5. Copy across the new map folder into the root of the device.
6. Download the latest version of FastActivate Premium Edition from the FastActivate here:
Unrar the file and copy across FastActivate.exe to the TomTom drive (the root of the device).
7. Run FastActivate.exe from the TomTom drive, clicking on all 4 options in order, waiting for each to complete:
Update meta, activate maps, patch navcore and home directories.